We will be participating in the SFOI 1000 this fall and ministering the Gospel at each WVU Mountaineer home football game. This year’s schedule includes:
- 09/08 – WVU vs. Youngstown State (6:00 pm)
- 09/22 – WVU vs. Kansas State (TBA)
- 10/06 – WVU vs. Kansas (TBA)
- 10/25 – WVU vs. Baylor (7:00 pm)
- 11/10 – WVU vs. TCU (TBA)
- 11/23 – WVU vs. Oklahoma (8:00 pm)
We will be proclaiming the Gospel of Christ and distributing Gospel tracts to the masses. Generally we will be setup and ready to go by 3 or 4 hours before kickoff for each game. Our setup will include men taking turns preaching while others focus on giving out Gospel tracts and one-on-one conversations. We will also have the prayer stand setup. There are many places in which you may fit in. Here are the general areas in which team members operate within:
- Herald (men only) – Those who publicly preach the Gospel
- Intercessor – Perhaps the most important role, this person will hang around in the background praying for conversations, the preacher, and anything else in which the Holy Spirit directs
- Counselor – Those who engage in one-on-one conversations with folks passing by
- Paper Missionary – Those who can smile, greet folks, and offer a Gospel tract
- Worker Bee – The Swiss Army knife of the team that helps setup, tear down, holds a cross, gets water, prays, etc.
PARKING: There are several options both paid and free around the stadium. Most of us park for free along RT 705 (see map below) and walk (see green path) to our setup location.
If you are interested in joining please review our General Outreach Guidelines. CLICK TO VIEW GUIDELINES.